Letters To Music magazines concerning research

Today i have sent off numerous emails to music magazines varying from NME.com to Smash Hits to get feedback on a variation of genre's and what methods they use to capture such different effects yet are affective in capturing its target audiences.

I have asked numerous questions in persuit of advice as well as for merchandise which i can use as inspiration in my work, bellow is a copy of the letter i have used and i will update this post with any information i recieve reguarding my emails.

Dear whom this may concern,

I am a student from Biddulph High School Sports College and I am studding media studies at AS level. I am interested in many areas of media especially photography and film, but have specifically chosen to take forward print as a part of my coursework to enable me to explore this aspect of media as at A2 film is compulsory and this way I believe I will get a wide understanding and interest of the media world. The specification of the coursework is ‘To create a original music magazine of the genre of my choice and through research and analysis create a front cover, content page and a double page spread with my own photography and original stories’. As a part of my coursework, I have been using your magazine to analysis and report on and I find the mise-on-scene and photography used very effective in every issue and I am also interested in perusing and creating a magazine of the same genre. So basically I am writing to you to ask if you had any information about the magazine such as :-
Why you use the graphics you do?
How you use camera angles to assist the artist in portraying a certain message
How to create the perfect Masthead?
How to come up with the perfect magazine name?
What makes an interesting story?

And anything else you deem appropriate and any advice would be very grateful and would assist me in creating a perfect magazine.
hank you for your time,
Jessica Squires

No comments: