Exploring Typefaces for my Final Magazine Cover

(Please bare in mind all the typefaces feature in thier name not a potentional magazine name.)

Bellow is a variation of fonts which i have accumulate through out my research, I am intending to peruse a rock/indie genre of magazine and i would like you to consider when commenting on which one you deem most suitable these simple points :-
1.What first attacked you to the typeface you chose and why
2.Is it suitable for the genre of magazine I am perusing?
3.What colours do you suggest it to be featured as?
4.What does the typeface symbolise to you or represent?
Typefaces
1. IIIIII (6)








2. IIIIIIII (8)






3.IIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIII IIII (34)







4.IIIIIIIII (10)




5.IIIIII (6)



6.II (2)

7.I(1)

As you can see from my results there was a clear favorite with my audience.I have asked my audience why i they have choosen this font and the genral response was that the geometric shapes mirrored the image and shapes used by the typical indie band and instintanly suggested the genre to them.I am happy with this response as i also saw the link between the genre and shape and i beleive with the black outline will work wel with any colour scheme i pursue.

No comments: