As you can see bellow is my final product which i have developed from my research,case studies and a wide variation of sources.As you can see bellow their is two versions of my final product ,however i believe the final version captures my projects aims:-
1.To capture the Indie genre in sight via shapes,fonts,images,symbols etc.
2.To create a magazine which captivates and attracts my target audience in every way.
3.To create a magazine which demonstrates all the necessary information which is necessary and not over facing.
4.To overall be a successful product in all sense's and capture something for the wide spectrum of indie audiences.
Feedback summary from peers and my target audience most importantly:-
- To much white open space which needs to be filled with articles,quotes etc.
- The bar at the bottom of the page needs to be made into more of a feature with more colour to show the indie theme and could attract readers.
- Add a bar code and price on for authenticity.
- The labels are two big and strong colours.
- The positioning of the title to the left hand side.
- The Quote at the top of the page which spans across the top of the page as it is the message of the magazine.
- I like the black canvas of the picture which acts as a good background for the magazines content.
- I like the use of the image in the top right hand side as embossed as it stands out but also has a white background so stands out due to the colours in the clothing.
- I like the variation of colours used in the title as it captures the wide spectrum of the indie audience.
- I like the bar at the bottom of the page as it attracts the audience easier and simpler in a few words.
- I like the wide range of colours used in the clothes etc.
As you can see, i did 3 progressions of my final front cover, there is many reasons for this it is because i found it hard to capture and fit everything i wont on a small space simply but effectively.But after my 2 progressions i got feedback from my target audience which helped a lot and as you can see then i was able to put all my idea together and utilise the space i had to create my front cover which i believe is very effective. I think one of the main problems was because a front cover determines the success of a magazine and first attracts your audience so i wont to create the write balance between text , images and free space.