Images Edited and via Photoshop and Fireworks

From all the photographs i have taken i decided to use this particular image for a few reasons these are:-




  1. This image is different and shows depth through the arrangement of the individuals


  2. Enables me to convey the differences in character of the individuals but with them still been seen in unison as a group aided by the colours.


  3. Also it represents the characters as individuals by there stance.


  4. Also because it is a very powerful image i in tented to use it as front cover image as it would attract my target audience even if i edited it and left just a white background because it has such a presence.


To edit the image i used predominately Fireworks in a free student trial i uploaded and used the lasso tool both magnetic and not.I also used adobe photoshop to compare the programs and us different tools fireworks didn't provide.


1. The original image.

As you can see i caught the red model in mid flow of movement which gave a strange effect.So already this was an aspect i wanted to correct because the models where my main concern as i was going to edit the background because the background and flooring didn't fit in with my theme and i wanted a neutral background.However everything else in this image is to my liking.
2. Second take of front cover image

As you can see rectified the position of the red model.However model green this shot didn't remain composed so i had to recapture the image as it wasn't fitting with my theme and broke my genre trend.So already this was an aspect i wanted to correct because the models where my main concern, as i explained above i was going to edit the background because the background and flooring didn't fit in with my theme and i wanted a neutral background.However everything else in this image is to my liking.
3rd Front cover shot

As you can see rectified the position of the red and the green models floors.So know the image was adequate to be used so an aspect because the models where my main concern, as i explained above i was going to edit the background because the background and flooring didn't fit in with my theme and i wanted a neutral background.However everything else in this image is to my liking.So know the image is ready for the editing process.




Final Image




Already i am sure as soon as you saw the images above you can see areas which need either toughing up or editing i sure did.
1. the carpet posed the largest problem as it is a typical old fashioned ' pub like carpet'.It consists of so many colours which are so similar the lasso tool found very difficult to pick up on the difference.However i lassoed the image as much as i could to eliminate the carpet,but it wasn't fully successful so i had to use the zoom tool to around 400 and then carefully using the circular and square brush eliminate and unwanted pixels why not damaging my final image.
2.I then eliminated the off white wall to give a crisp effect which was largely successful and then i again touched up the areas with the erasier.
Even though this sounds simple it is very complex and time consuming and n the future if i were to take a image i would try to use a more neutral background to reduce editing time.But overall it was very successful and developed my program skills.

My own images which have been editied due to inspirtational products

This is an example and an exsisting product of how i explored diffrent techniques here i mixed together both the orginal image and cartoonized idea.Even though i believe it is effective i could'nt find a sutble area for it in my coursework but helped to me aquire other skills which were vital in other areas.

No comments: