Content Mock Up One (using my own images and created ones)

From my research i had liked the content page which used an several images as the background and base of the spread.As you can see i then utilised the fact that the band was quiet high on the image this enabled me to get the most important aspect of the aim of the double page spread on and then gave me a lot of space bellow which i was able to use for text.The next steps where to :-
1.I added the page indicator at the top which is very stereotypical but very useful and is a quick indicator of the what the article or pages aim is.
2.I then added the text in different shaped boxes to not totally hinder the entire image and create a dive.But also to keep in with the indie theme and genre.
3.I then added the cork board as another basis which is unusual and unconventional as a competition based idea which is typical of a magazine to attract the reader more so.
4.I then created a box like affect around coloured labels which are quotes which again fits with the indie theme this was also added by the large speech marks.

For this product i had to create my own images as shown bellow in the form of a cassette tape and lighting bolts etc.This shows how i further developed my skills and ideas in fireworks and paint shop pro 8 at this point through drawing and line tools.


1.
2.


3.




1.


2.

3.



Feedback Summary From peers,teacher and most importantly my target audience:-

Disadvantages
  1. The body text isn't symmetrical in the main body top section.
  2. The body text is boring and simple colours on a bland background.
  3. The Body text is to small and needs increasing in size as it is in parts unreadable.

Advantages

  1. The left side background is used very cleverly and fades into the background well but acts as a good background for the more important articles.
  2. Also i like the use of cartoon imagery such as the cassette as it mirrors indie genre as they use very simple but dynamic images.
  3. I like the variation in locations and positions of the model/images.
  4. I like the geometric shapes created and the various colours used as it creates interest on the blank canvas and links with indie theme.
  5. I also like the variation of colours used on the labels to indicate important quotes or parts in the magazine.
  6. I also like the 'indiefix' indicator at the top right hand corner of the magazine to enhance the label of the magazine.
From the constructive feedback i received above i used all of it in the 3 progression stages above as you can see i tried to use the advice given as effectively as possible to make a more effective product for my target audience because they make the magazine a success and they know what they desire in a magazine.

No comments: